Friday, September 26, 2008

As I Find It



















As I find it
I am nothing
no thing mere
One form rising
from the great, vast sea -
Emptiness

A paradox
nothing teeming with possibility
Break all down
You will see
you must see
it comes to nothing
Emptiness


From nothing springs
the forest rooted and reaching
Pry open slice into that seed
You will see
you must see
the heart of sprouted seedling
Emptiness

Heart of water
three mere atoms
Separate them break them down
to level where all is void
Empty heart
the source of springs
Emptiness

I find my friend we do arise
not from the dust
but from the void
I and thou dear friend
spring from possibility
Nothing and
Everything

Barbara Butler McCoy

[I'd been reading Fritjof Capra's "The Tao
of Physics" and the Dhammapada and some
of the Upanishads]

No comments: